Reference quality 2-channel 192-kHz 24-bit audio digital-to-analog converter
All pre-owned product is tested in our service department and have been passed for sale... and comes with a 90 day warranty!
In very nice condition ! (a few small scratches on the front) Original box and packing are NOT available, but we will pack carefully. Specs are last image.
The DAC1 is a 192-kHz converter, and will playback 192-kHz signals with a 52-kHz analog bandwidth. Made in the USA. THD+N is an astonishing low -105 dB (0.00056%) measured at 0 dBFS, and -107 dB measured at -3 dBFS – at any playback frequency, at any sample rate, and with any degree of input jitter. The secret? UltraLock™ technology.
Additional features include: phase-coherence between units, auto-detection and processing of pre-emphasized digital audio, and an ultrahigh performance HPA-2 headphone amplifier with
dual outputs. he DAC1 features the HPA2™ - Benchmark's signature high-current, 0-Ohm headphone power amplifier. The HPA2™ is arguably the ultimate reference headphone power amplifier. It will deliver the full rated performance of the DAC1 to the headphones. The HPA2™ maintains less than 0.0003% THD+N under full load. The DAC1 has two 1/4" headphone jacks on the front panel. The performance of the HPA2™ remains consistent even when two headphones are being driven simultaneously.
The DAC1 has an internal, international toroidal power supply. The front panel level-control always adjusts the headphone output level. The front panel level-control can also be selected to adjustbthe output levels at the rear of the converter. Alternately, the output levels can be set at a fixed gain with precision, rear panel; 10-turn trim pots. The balanced output level range is +10 dBu to +29 dBu at 0 dBFS. The DAC1 is essential equipment for mastering and recording studios, broadcast facilities, even audiophile home stereo installations, and all locations that require uncolored monitoring.
FEATURES AND PERFORMANCE
• Two Channel, 24-bit, 192-kHz, D-to-A Conversion
• Plays 192-kHz with 52-kHz analog bandwidth
• Direct connection to powered monitors
• Total jitter immunity via UltraLock™ technology!
• 116 dB signal-to-noise ratio @ 48-kHz, A weighted
• THD+N = -107 dB (0.00045%) measured at -3 dBFS, any sample rate, any test frequency
• AES, S/PDIF, and Toslink inputs
• Digital input source-selection switch
• Variable or preset output level controls
• Balanced Low-Z XLR outputs
• Unbalanced RCA outputs
• Automatic de-emphasis for 44.1, 48, and 96-kHz when pre-emphasis bit is set
• Headphone amp = 0.0003% THD into 60 Ω
• Output-off switch position for headphone-only use
• Front panel power and error indicating LEDs
• Internal low-radiation toroidal power supply
• 1/2 wide, 1RU high chassis
• Machined aluminum front panel